Functions & Role of SITA
1. The Functions of the State Innovation and Transformation Aayog (SITA):
- To evaluate and monitor through the use of new I.T./GPS and other techniques, as well as, by modern economic analysis, the impact and modes of implementation of all Govt schemes both Central and State, within the State of Assam.
- To advise/guide the areas of coordination and division of responsibilities as well as functioning between the State Government and the next layers of Governance, viz. Panchayati Raj Institutions, Autonomous Councils, Territorial Councils and the Councils for development of different Communities created within the State of Assam
- To analyze and suggest improvements in the flow of credit and management of financial resources in the financial and banking sector in the State of
- To advise/guide the State Government on development priorities and needs as well as suggest policy guidelines on (a) identifying these priorities and (b) coordinating with all departments of the State Government in implementing these priorities. In this connection, the State Innovation and Transformation Aayog should be guided by the Sustainable Development Goals and the vision for the State of Assam.
- To appoint consultants and-fund studies/reports on various issues and also ensure implementation by Departments concerned the recommendations of such studies.
- To coordinate and conduct techno-feasibility and viability studies and advise the State Government on critical issues such as (a) regeneration of sick industries in the State of Assam (b) Industrial and infrastructure development in line with Make in Assam and Act East Policy (o) Revival of the tea industry (d) development issues within the Assam Accord and (e-) Management and development of river water resources.
- To advise the Government on whatever issues are referred to the Aayog.
2. The Role of the State Innovation and Transformation Aayog (SITA):
- The Vice Chairman of the state Innovation and Transformation Aayog can call any officer of any department and discuss issues linked with the above functions.
- The Vice Chairman, State Innovation and Transformation Aayog should be associated with appropriate State Committees or Boards in suitable capacity to allow him to discharge the above responsibilities.
- The Vice Chairman, State Innovation and Transformation Aayog may be associated appropriately with the NEC and NITI.